Skip to content
- I made my project around a hobby that I really got into during quarantine.
- A person tries to find a durable keyboard after theirs breaks, but finds a hobby that has a deep rabbit hole.
Intent / Goals
- FOR YOU: I really wanted to try to make some better edits. One main thing that I wanted to try was something called an “invisible” edit.
- FOR THE PROJECT: I wanted to make a connection to the viewer to a similar experience they had getting into a hobby
- I watched some videos by “This Guy Edits” on YouTube
- Did you relate to it in any way?
- Was the way that the edits were done confusing?
- Avian- A little less time spent on the typing part, make that part move faster. Zoom in on the search bar, so it can be seen more clearly.
- Brian- push in was good, maybe put some more sounds in to make people feel more emotion.
Editing in this clip
- Eye tracking was used quite a lot, the main focus of the shot was in the same place when the clips cut.
- I also noticed some cross cutting, when the characters were having a dialogue.
- I also noticed something similar to a match cut, but done within a shot and without cutting.
What I liked
- I liked the dialog, it made up have the same realization that Marty did.
- I liked the pace, it didn’t seem too forcefully fast or slow.
- I really liked the similarities in movement between Marty and George
- I liked how you still had the main characters in the foreground, but something was going on between them in the background
What I learned
- I learned that you don’t have to cut away to change the focus of a shot.
- I also learned that when you cut the audio and the video can be really important.